Call Waiting allows you to answer another call while you are on the phone. You are notified of the new call by a tone. You can then either disconnect or place the first call on hold and answer the new call.
Advantages & Benefits
- Reassure friends and family that you can be reached in the case of an emergency.
- No longer worry about missing an important call because you are on the phone.
- Very easy to use.
- You can alternate between calls.
- Your callers will never get a busy signal.
- Cancel Call Waiting allows you to turn Call Waiting off before or during a call.
- Second call may be as important as the first.
- Never cut a conversation short because you are expecting a second call.
How to Use Call Waiting
When you are on the line and you receive a call there are four options you have:
- End the conversation with the first caller and answer the second call.
- Place the original call on hold and take the second call.
- Alternate back and forth between callers.
- Ignore the call waiting tone continue the original conversation and let the second call go to voice mail or continue to ring.
The original caller hears nothing and the second caller only hears a normal ring.
- Caller ID/ Call Waiting
To add Call Waiting to your line visit our KPU Telecommunications Customer Service Department at 2930 Tongass Avenue or call 907-228-5474 or email Helpdesk@kpunet.net.