Health & Safety
KPU Telecommunications, Ketchikan’s Totally Local provider of phone, internet, and TV, has joined together with other Telecom companies across the country in the “Keep Americans Connected Pledge”, recommended by the FCC, to allow all of our customers stay connected via every method possible during this challenging time.
Given the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on American society, KPU Telecommunications made a pledge through 2020:
1. KPU will not terminate phone or internet to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to COVID-19.
2. KPU will waive all late fees on phone, internet, or TV that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances due to COVID-19.
Additionally KPU will do the following:
1. KPU will increase residential fiber customers speeds to a MINIMUM speed of 30M/30M so that Work from Home and Remote Learning is more accessible to our customers, without causing their bill to increase.
2. KPU is providing free WIFI in the mall location so people can easily check the news, email, or pay bills online.
3. Will charge NO overages on any internet plan for residential or small business
KPU’s fiber internet is symmetric, meaning that the upload speed is the same as the download speed, which makes Work from Home connections lightning fast; no waiting to log into your work network. Sign up for our fiber internet and get two months for free.
#ketchikanstayhealthy #staystrongketchikan #stepsforahealthycommunity
The Ketchikan Gateway Borough has been working with local, state, and federal agencies to address and respond to the COVID-19 public health emergency. Check this page frequently for COVID-19 resources and updates on the steps being locally to address the emergency. https://www.kgbak.us/913/COVID-19-Response
KPU Totally Local, Simply Better