Lifeline is a program that offers discounts to qualified telephone customers on their basic monthly residential telephone service.
Advantages & Benefits
Lifeline is a reduction of normal residential single-party monthly telephone rates for qualifying customers. To be eligible for Lifeline and Link-Up, customers must receive assistance from one of these qualifying programs:
- Medicaid * Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Stamps * Low Income Energy Assistance
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income) * Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance For Needy Families
- National School Lunch Program (Free Meals Program Only)
- Head Start Programs (Only Those Meeting Its Income Qualifying Standards)
More information regarding eligibility and qualifying programs can be found here.
Toll Blocking is offered by KPU Telecommunications to customers who choose not to allow outgoing toll (long distance) calls from their residential phone line. Prepaid phone cards may be purchased at KPU Customer Service or at many retail stores in Ketchikan.
Visit https://www.checklifeline.org/lifeline to apply for lifeline and choose KPU as your provider. Once approved, visit KPU Customer Service located at 2417 Tongass Ave #119D to complete the process and set up new telecommunications or broadband service.