Lifeline is a program that offers discounts to qualified telephone customers on their basic monthly residential telephone service.
Advantages & Benefits
Lifeline is a reduction of normal residential single-party monthly telephone rates for qualifying customers. The federal and state discounts reduce basic telephone service to $1.00 per month. To be eligible for Lifeline and Link-Up, customers must receive assistance from one of these qualifying programs:
- Medicaid * Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Stamps * Low Income Energy Assistance
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income) * Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance For Needy Families
- National School Lunch Program (Free Meals Program Only)
- Head Start Programs (Only Those Meeting Its Income Qualifying Standards)
Toll Blocking is offered by KPU Telecommunications to customers who choose not to allow outgoing toll (long distance) calls from their residential phone line. Prepaid phone cards may be purchased at KPU Customer Service or at many retail stores in Ketchikan.
Download Lifeline application or pick up one at the KPU office at 2417 Tongass Avenue, Suite 119D and at many of the qualifying agencies. The customer must sign the form, certifying as to their eligibility under the qualifying program. The customer is also required to notify KPU if they cease to be eligible for the program. For more details about the Lifeline Program, please call KPU at 228-5474 to speak with a Customer Service Representative.